Trees improve water quality by slowing and filtering rain water as well as protecting aquifers and watersheds.
There are a variety of ways to get involved with Tree Pittsburgh:
- Take a Tree Tender Course-learn more about Pittsburgh's urban forest: How it grows, and what makes a vibrant and healthy tree community in the city.
- Volunteer with Us-- tree plantings, tree care days, pruning workshops, and more. Check our Events page.
- Schedule a Tree Care Day--bring your community together to care for trees!
- Become a Member--support Tree Pittsburgh's efforts to protect and grow the urban forest.
- Do you have a special skill and would like to work with Tree Pittsburgh on something more specific? Email SallyJoe@treepittsburgh.org, or call 412-362-6360.